Good communication skills are key to personal and organisational success. A good communicator is someone with effective communication and relationship skills to interact, to negotiate and manage conflicts, that enable them to be successful in work place communications and achieve “win-win” outcomes.
Upon completion of this competency- and assessment-based programme awards, participants will be certified competent and will be awarded with a Statement of Attainment (SoA) by the Skillsfuture Singapore (SSG).
- Apply effective communication techniques to maintain open communication, resolve issues and concerns
- Provide support to team members to achieve individual and team goals while taking diversity issues into consideration
- Interpret and analyse information received
- Plan response to information received, taking into account the social and cultural background of recipient of information
- Use appropriate communication techniques that consider social and cultural differences to clarify and respond to information received
- Identify signs, stages and causes of conflict with individuals or groups of people
- Define the conflict and highlight points of differences/ contention objectively, taking into consideration social and cultural differences of parties involved
- Negotiate for mutually acceptable solutions by all parties using effective communication and negotiation skills
- Communicate outcome of negotiation and propose relevant recommendations with justifications to supervisor
This course will be conducted through mini lectures and active and facilitated learning, with interactive activities, role plays, group discussions, case studies, revision quizzes and assessments/tests.
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for front-line employees, staff in supervisory roles, or individuals who are self-employed or independent professionals. It is suited for people who interact frequently with others on a daily basis, provide excellent customer service and maintain relationships for workplace efficiency.
2017 Dates : 13 and 15 December (Wed & Fri)
2018 Dates: 17 and 19 January (Wed & Fri)
Duration : 2 days (16 hrs)
Time : 9:00am – 6:00pm
Full Course Fee : $300.00 (before funding; no GST; eligible for WDA/SSG Funding and Skillsfuture Credits)
Training Grant is subject to SSG’s approval and terms: