People skills are at the fore of the tour guiding industry. Tourist guides work with diverse groups of people in their tour guiding. It all comes down to effective communication and engagement with clients and tourists. Effective communication skills are key to the personal success of a tourist guide. A exemplary tourist guide communicator is one with effective communication and relationship skills to interact, to negotiate and manage conflicts, that enable them to be successful in their tour guiding work and achieve “win-win” outcomes. Tourist guides with these skills will be able to enhance the experience of tourists with their effective persona and make their clients’ trip a memorable one.
- Apply effective communication techniques to maintain open communication, resolve issues and concerns
- To achieve individual effectiveness in managing negotiation and conflict due to social and cultural diversity
- Interpret and analyse information received
- Plan response to information received, taking into account the social and cultural background of recipient of information
- Use appropriate communication techniques that consider social and cultural differences to clarify and respond to information received
- Identify signs, stages and causes of conflict with individuals or groups of people
- Define the conflict and highlight points of differences/ contention objectively, taking into consideration social and cultural differences of parties involved
- Negotiate for mutually acceptable solutions by all parties using effective communication and negotiation skills
- Communicate outcome of negotiation and propose relevant recommendations with justifications to supervisor
This course will be conducted through mini lectures and active and facilitated learning, with interactive activities, role plays, group discussions, case studies, revision quizzes and assessments/tests. This course has 10 hours (1.5 days) of classroom-based learning and 4 hours of e-learning.
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for front-line employees, staff in supervisory roles, or individuals who are self-employed or independent professionals. It is suited for people who interact frequently with others on a daily basis, provide excellent customer service and maintain relationships for workplace efficiency.
Duration : 2 days (16 hrs)
Time : 9:00am – 6:00pm
Dates: Please select the Registration Button(s) on the right for your preferred class dates
Full Course Fee : $320.00 (before funding)
Training Grant is subject to SSG’s approval, and Terms and Conditions.